Monday, April 18, 2011

A very busy weekend

WOW, so last weekend was sooooo busy! Just a quick recap, because it'd be boring if I went into all the gritty details. Do notice that every "=>" signifies a change in location. :D

Saturday
=> After visiting Cyprus CU, we found out that will have to head back yet a third time before we'll be able to successfully open our joint banking account.
=> Jake stayed home while I popped out to Rachel Hammond's bridal shower in Salt Lake City. I've been excited about going for a while, not just because she was one of my favorite companions on the mission, but because the shower was in my neck of the woods for once. You can imagine my glee when I found out that it was the same day as the Salt Lake marathon, and it took me almost 20 minutes just to get from South Salt Lake to the Avenues. Also, sadly, I couldn't stay for the whole thing because of the next activity on this bulleted list:
=> Jake and I finally got out to the temple! Yay! We went and did sealings at the Salt Lake Temple. I'd never done it before, and it was the first time doing something in the temple with Jake since Thanksgiving. Loved it!
=> Jake and I got to see The Hasty Heart 4 o'clock matinee at the Hale for free (totally worth volunteering there every month or so). I had no idea what kind of play it would be, but I really liked it! I want to check out the movie version of it, too. Also, since every single actor on the stage had to have a completely different accent, and having this little dream of being an accent coach, I had lots of fun watching it.
=> I had to really buckle down and start studying the 170 study guide questions for my scheduled final on Monday. Thank heavens Jake was patient enough to quiz me for almost an hour before bed. It helped me a lot!

Sunday
=> We went to church.
=> We left church after the first two hours to go to Cassie Burton's homecoming. It was nice hearing a missionary fresh from the field. I have a soft spot for missionary stories.
=> Didn't get to do the mix'n'mingle after the homecoming because we had to stop by Tyler Koefed's place for me to review the rest of the songs I have in The Sound of Music. We usually don't rehearse on Sundays, but we had to make an exception due to lack of time... anyways, that's where Jake and I met our first chiweenie!! *sigh* I think that when we're ready to get a dog, we're probably going to try to look up a chiweenie.
=> Emma's birthday party!! Always a delight. We felt bad not being able to get her a present, and had an idea for what we could have done for her after the fact... Heck, we might still do it if she wants.
=> What a better way to finish up such a busy weekend with some more studying for my final on Monday. Thank heavens it's over, and I didn't bomb it. That's what I call a successful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment