Thursday, July 21, 2011

Penny's present

So, I was sitting working in the living room this morning, and saw Penny out of the corner of my eye, coming in from outside and jumping on our futon. What grabbed my attention was the live bird she had in her mouth that started flying around the room!! Thank heavens I wasn't on the phone with someone!! The bird tried getting out through our front room window, which was closed and I didn't get it open in time for it to succeed. It just collapsed on our window sill, and died after about 15 minutes. At which point, Penny became completely disinterested, and I had to call Juli to get her to help me to clean it up. (I don't do well with deceased critters.) It would have been more hilarious if the bird hadn't been wounded and left little drops of blood on the futon and floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment