Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Melodrama Weekend

Whoa, did we have a busy weekend!! First, allow the homemaker in me to brag about the delicious personal-sized cheese calzones I made for dinner for Jake and me to take to the theatre Friday night. When you don't have time for sit-at-the-table dinners, you end up getting creative. And tasty.

Anyways, Saturday we had a full-blown family day. Jake's Grandma and Grandpa Lightner, Aunt Julie and Uncle Rich, AND cousins McKenna and Abbie Ott were up from Saint George. We got to have breakfast at the IHOP with them Saturday morning. We were pretty happy to see them. I had never met McKenna, and we hadn't seen them since the wedding! After that we headed over to AnnTy's in Magna for AnnTy "night." We thought we would be late, but we were essentially right on time. All the Peterson kids were there, and we had a delicious Peterson-family-flavored time together.


During Sacrament meeting on Sunday we had about eight confirmations. They were all convert baptisms from the Nepali community in the area, so they all took extra long because they needed to be translated. They didn't even get to start passing the sacrament until we had about fifteen minutes left in the meeting! I'd never seen that before, and I have to say it was pretty amazing.

Of course, let's not neglect the opening, and subsequent closing, of our melodrama at the Draper Historic Theatre, "Adrift in New York." The audiences were all so participatory, and holy mackerel did they make the show fun!! And a big Thank You goes to all our friends and family who were able to make it, especially those that live out of town. It's sad that we won't be doing it anymore; it's awesome that I won't be washing that makeup off my face anymore. And may I add: Jake was super cute in it.

Burke

Old Maggie Clancy

Slick McCoy

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sad I missed the show! I totally forgot about it. I don't know how I forgot about it, but I managed it. I fail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're so sorry we didn't bug you about it!! Actually, they made a recording of it, so if you REALLY wanted to see it, we'd let you watch it with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so glad we got to visit with you while we were up, and to see the play. It was so fun! Why are you not going to do plays any more? Married life and with school and work enough to fill in your time? You both went out with a BANG! Congrats and thanks for giving us a laugh and smile as we watched.

    ReplyDelete